[Greylist-users] RelayDelay problem?

Ade Fewings iss03c at bangor.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 10:27:27 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've been investigating utilizing relaydelay on our mail servers here
and last week, I deployed it in 'learn-only' mode on one of our
servers.  This is from CVS, version 0.05 pre-release.
I have the following in the configuration file:

$delay_mail_secs = 0;   # No tempfailing, just learning
$pass_mail_when_db_unavail = 1;

Being as this is the testing phase, i've been testing the fail
conditions that happen.  Normally, everything is working fine.  There is
no temp-failing occurring.  However, when I deliberately took the
database down for a test, mail did start getting tempfailed.  Is this me
making a mistake or should the $pass_mail_when_db_unavail setting above
not have caused such mail to be passed?  The log file records the
following when this happened:

    Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x48ee6c8, Perl interpreter:
0x7b6690 at /opt/sendmail_dist/bin/relaydelay.pl line 650.

Other than this detail (which is unfortunately quite important due to
the distributed nature of our site), generally very impressed in testing
thus far.

Many thanks
Ade