[Greylist-users] Whitelisting

Bart Mortelmans info at bNamed.net
Tue Oct 18 04:40:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've been testing my own greylist implementation for a couple of days
now and noticed that there still is some work to be done in whitelisting
sending servers that just won't try again (within a reasonable time).
I started by grabbing the withelist from
http://greylisting.org/whitelisting.shtml but soon had to add some more.

- In my test hotmail.com wouldn't try again (it instantly sends back an
error e-mail to the sender). While I do use an error 451.
- Also mail2web.com doesn't seem to try again.
- Mails sent from iMode.be or iMode.nl are sent twice within the same
minute, but aren't tried again after that.
- It even seems that this mailing list about greylisting doesn't try again.

If anyone knows other addresses that I should add, please let me know.

Does anyone maintain an up-to-date whitelist. Maybe even one that can be
updated automatically via rsync or something like that? It certainly
would be a handy addition.

Sincerely,
Bart Mortelmans