[Greylist-users] Stopping "machine gunners" - not really a

Dennis Wynne DWYNNE at equinoxis.com
Mon Mar 13 14:56:00 PST 2006

That is is patch I found this weekend.  I d/l the sendmail source, got it to
compile and work (not as easy as it should be), and applied the patch.

In a test, sendmail now says:

421 4.7.0 box.domain.com Mails-per-session limit reached; closing connection

When I exceed the limit set.

I will watch the log to see if this effects any legit mail servers or not.
The Ssrv_limits ruleset is as clear as mud to me :-)  . It looks like it has
to be edited into the sendmail.cf file (after recreated with m4). Still
working on understanding that - the sendmail books are not much help.

Thanks,
Dennis

===== Original Message from greylist-users at lists.puremagic.com (Greylisting
Users and Developers Discuss) at 3/13/06 12:08 pm