[MudWalker] Two Things

Kevin Reid kpreid
Sat Aug 9 13:39:26 PDT 2003

Blastron <blastron at mac.com> wrote:

> > I assume you mean the input window is covering the bottommost line of
> > the terminal window.
> Yes, that is what I meant.
> > Do you have the "Input panel moves with terminal window" preference
> > set?
> Yes, I do.
> > Where are the input and terminal windows positioned on the screen?
> The terminal window can be any place on the screen and any size.  I
> prefer to have the input window right underneath the terminal window
> and sized so that the input window is the same width as the terminal
> window.  However, every time I restart MudWalker, the input window
> moves up to cover the last line of the terminal window.

Odd. I don't have any problem like this myself. However, there are some
similar quirks that I've seen but haven't bothered to fix, which might
be related, so:

Does the input window appear in a slightly different size when it gets
mispositioned?

Are the input or terminal windows near the bottom of the screen, or the
Dock?

Which edge of the screen is your Dock on, and is it set to auto-hide?

> Oh, one more question that I had forgotten to ask: What is MCP?

MCP is a protocol for structured messages between mud clients and
servers. The most common use of it is to allow client-side editing of
blocks of text.

http://www.moo.mud.org/mcp/
http://mcp.cubik.org/
http://www.awns.com/mcp/