dmd-lsp: a D language server built with dmd as a library

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:44:55 UTC 2026


On Thursday, 17 September 2026 at 08:52:39 UTC, xoxorwr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As many of you know, the state of D tooling, specially editor 
> tooling, is pretty poor.
>
> There are a few existing LSPs, and while they are very helpful, 
> they don't support many of D features and have to approximate 
> what the compiler is actually doing.
>
> Give it a try:
> https://github.com/xoxorwr/dmd-lsp
>
> Thanks to the D foundation for the "DMD as a library" 
> initiative, it really paid off!
>
> * I don't have a windows machine, it should work, but I haven't 
> tested myself, CI is green, please test and report back!
> * I don't have a mac either, but it should work just fine.
> * This was built with the help of a LLM.

I use Windows, and when I get a minute, I have a project on my 
list that could absolutely benefit from this. I can't make any 
time promises, but this is legitimately useful/helpful.


More information about the Digitalmars-d-announce mailing list