Second Draft: Primary Type Syntax

IchorDev zxinsworld at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 15:15:27 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 13:36:23 UTC, Quirin Schroll wrote:
> Thank you. If `extern(C)` is important to you, I’d really,
> really appreciate help in making it work. Currently, I’m
> focusing on `ref` to be honest, in particular integrating the
> `ref` variable support merged yesterday. Some Notes in the DIP
> outright say: My implementation can *parse* linkages (for the
> most part), but it *does not apply* them to the
> function/delegate type. It’s not like my parse.d code just
> skips linkages. It does assign the seen linkage to the function
> type, but somewhere further down, that linkage is ignored or
> gets lost.

I must say, working on dmd is not my strong suit, but in a few
weeks I might have some spare time to at least attempt to help.
I’d also like to know whether either of the language maintainers
look like they are on board with this idea before dedicating too
much time to an implementation. (Maybe one of us can mention it
to Walter at this month’s meeting?)